eTwinning is the largest European community of teachers active in electronic twinning between schools. Founded in 2005 on the initiative of the European Commission and currently among the Erasmus + 2014-2020 Program actions, eTwinning is implemented through an IT platform that involves teachers and makes them known and collaborate in a simple, fast and safe way, exploiting the potential of the new ‘Information and Communication (ICT) to foster an openness to the community dimension of education and the creation of a sense of European citizenship shared in the new generations.
The action is the means to open up to a new didactics based on exchange and collaboration in a multicultural context with numerous training opportunities and a system of international prizes and awards.
The mission of our Institute is to promote a European dimension of education that encourages teachers to activate and implement European projects in order to educate future European citizens. In order to develop the professional skills of teachers, our Institute in recent years is planning and distributing eTwinning methodological training programs.
To get further information
A proposito del progetto
Would you like to sing Christmas Carols with us? We’ve created this project to celebrate Christmas in the company of as many European schools as possible by singing Christmas carols in English and in our mother tongues. In this project, pupils from preschool to the last grade of Primary Education will share Christmas Carols while they practice their English skills.
For this reason, we’re looking for schools around Europe that wanted to sing with us Christmas Carols by video-chat. The idea is to learn and sing altogether an English Christmas carol and, after that, sing another one in our native language.
During this project we want our students to:
– Encourage them to exchange languages and cultures and to learn English by singing.
– Learn a Christmas Carol in English.
– Learn another carol from their country in their native language.
– Not to be shy or afraid of singing (by videoconference).
– Know different carols from all over Europe.
– Improve speaking, listening and reading skills and vocabulary in English, using English language in a real situation of communication.
– Use Web 2.0 tools which they will use during the project to present their song to the other pupils.
PROCEDURA DI LAVORO
The following plan will be used:
– Gathering participating schools and exchanging school addresses.
– It’s time to prepare our Christmas Carols!
Each school chooses a Christmas Carol, in English and another one in their own language. Children learn and practice them at their school.
– It’s time to sing!
We’ll decide one day to prepare a videoconference. We’ll sing together the English and our native carol and we’ll listen to the foreign carols too.
– Evaluation of the project and closing it.
– Children will sing a Christmas Carol in a videoconference and they will listen to the foreign carols.
– Increased social and English skills and cultural awareness.
– Children are expected to have fun with this project and enjoy themselves not only when trying to sing in English but while knowing other children and practicing English skills with them.